NHSRA Internship Information
Description: The National High School Rodeo Association [NHSRA] is a non-profit organization with approximately 12,000 members in 43 states, 5 Canadian provinces, Australia, Mexico and New Zealand.
Each year the NHSRA produces two of the largest Rodeos in the World—the National Junior High Finals Rodeo [NJHFR], which hosts ~1,200 competing contestants plus their families, fans, etc. and the National High School Finals Rodeo [NHSFR], which brings in ~1,600 competing contestants + their families + fans/crowds.
Responsibilities: (Include, but are not limited to)
- Assisting with marketing preparations of the rodeo.
- Hanging signage around the facilities and in the arenas, setting up panels, various event production tasks.
- Coordinating special programs and events for sponsors.
- Helping to fulfill various requests from National Sponsors, State Directors & Secretaries, rodeo personnel, tradeshow vendors, media personnel, etc... throughout the event
- 2021 National Junior High Finals Rodeo: June 20th – 26th | Des Moines, Iowa
- Total dates needed for the event: June 7th – June 28th
- 2021 National High School Finals Rodeo: July 18th- 24th | Lincoln, Nebraska
- Total dates need for the event: July 8th – 26th
Further Details: Room/board, meals and travel costs will be covered through the duration of the internship. Pay will be discussed in interview. This is an ideal opportunity to gain hands on experience in event management/rodeo production/marketing/non-profit organization. A prime opportunity to build a network with leaders in the western industry as you will be working directly with National Sponsors, Directors, reporters, contestants, rodeo and western-industry personnel.